TELECOMMUNICATIONS & TECHNOLOGY
inCode Consulting is a respected business strategy and technology consulting firm with unique expertise within the telecommunications and technology space. We help business leaders address their industry trends and solve complex problems that could determine the success or failure of their organization. From Private Equity firms, to multi-billion dollar companies, these decision makers have trusted inCode’s unique approach to tackling unprecedented challenges that are shaking today’s business setting.
STRATEGY & TRANSFORMATION
The telecom ecosystem is evolving rapidly. As voice, video, and data services converge, traditional players face new competition from a plethora of OTT entrants. Consolidation, regulatory rulings and the emergence of non-traditional players all point to a shifting landscape. From networks to infrastructure, applications to devices, and channels to segments, industry structure and economics are in constant flux, creating new growth opportunities as well as risks.
inCode has extensive experience helping companies navigate change within the communications ecosystem and define strategies to capitalize on emerging trends. Leveraging our deep industry expertise, we take a hypothesis-driven approach to evaluating our clients’ core competencies, ecosystem structure, economics, core and adjacent market segments, and competitive landscape in order to recommend innovative growth strategies.
Develop growth strategies using a hypothesis driven approach to develop a client-specific set of profitable growth strategies focused on extracting value from core, adjacent and new segments.
- Examine existing and potential new core capabilities to maximize competitive advantage
- Assesses capabilities alignment with existing, new and adjacent target segments.
- Profile the structure and economics of the value chain, ecosystem, and competition to identify where profits are being made, and competitive advantage can be realized
- Develop strategies to effectively communicate strategy across all levels of the organization, including Board of Directors, executives, employees, customers, and investors
Develop full product introduction and go-to-market strategies, including identifying of key features/customer needs, sales channels, pricing and promotions.
- Primary and secondary customer research and analysis
- Competitive and peer analysis and benchmarking
- Identify, evaluate, model and develop recommended GTM channels (direct, indirect, wholesale, etc.)
- Development of pricing, promotional and marketing strategies
Assist development and execution of inorganic growth strategies, from gap analysis and target identification, through due diligence and post-merger integration
- Gap analysis to identify required capabilities and target evaluation criteria
- Market scan to identify and short-list targets
- Target evaluation and valuation
- Due diligence (technology, operations, people, financial)
- Post-merger integration (people, process, tools, product)
Development of detailed financial and operational models to enable data driven decisions and scenario planning across multiple levels of the organization
- Long-term revenue, cost, investment, and market models
- Sensitivity analysis of model drivers and outputs to inform strategic direction, profitability, organizational structure, and technology decisions
- Product/Service/Customer lifecycle models
- Technology / architecture models
Wireless and wireline operators are under pressure to evolve their networks to support exponential growth in data volumes and connections, offer value-added services (e.g. video, cloud, IoT), and respond to industry innovations and disruptive business models, all while improving profitability. Operators must explore new avenues to manage growth and provide compelling services in a cost-effective manner.
inCode has advised major MNOs, MSOs, Private Equity firms, and vendors on network evolution strategies, capacity management solutions, and large-scale network transformations. Key focus areas include network and capacity modeling, deployment management, technology and spectrum strategy, and development of product and services roadmaps.
Model new and existing networks to optimize dimensioning and capacity, with a focus on spectrum and bandwidth allocation, architectures, and capacity growth.
- Cell site / Spectrum growth analysis
- Cable plant capacity modeling
- Financial models including cost / Benefit analysis
- Spectrum auction / Allocation models
Plan, model, and program manage deployment of new network technologies with a focus on maximizing efficiency of capital, resource, and time
- Vendor / OEM and proof-of-concept / trial management
- Implementation planning and program management
Development of long-term network strategy focused on identifying, evaluating, planning and modeling evolution to future technologies.
Examples of our expertise include:
- Network, Spectrum Strategy
- Identification and impact evaluation of next generation technologies
- Assessment of applicability, use cases, and potential for disruption
- Scenario planning to answer “what if” and “if you believe” questions
Analyze and optimize product and service portfolio to match market trends and organizational objectives.
- Big Data
- Enterprise small cells/Wi-Fi
- Portfolio competitive and gap analysis
- Roadmap development
- New product introduction, product management
- Lifecycle management (including sunset)
Effective execution is the cornerstone of any successful transformation. Whether launching new network products and services or driving synergies in partnerships and integration, success hinges on professional program management rigor. At inCode, we provide flexible program management solutions through teams adept at balancing key technology and business objectives, managing timelines and dependencies, and realizing strategic goals through cross-functional coordination, management, and communications.
inCode has helped clients successfully plan, develop and execute both small, time-limited projects and larger multi-year strategic projects in critical areas including network evolution, decommissioning, and partnerships. As a thought-leader in TMT, inCode provides industry-customized processes, methods, and tools for project planning, governance, SLA/KPI development, reporting and multi-vendor management.
Assist clients tackle planning and execution of demanding project schedules which often involve multiple internal, external stakeholders.
- Detailed project planning and budgeting
- Scheduling and dependency identification
- Stakeholder analysis and management planning
- RACI matrix development
- Program risk analysis and mitigation governance planning
Development, tracking and reporting qualitative technology and business metrics enabling accountability, improvement, and appropriate communication between all parties.
- SLA/KPI development and tracking
- Stakeholder alignment
Execution of complex multi-vendor/multi-geography project management.
- RFI/RFP process and vendor evaluation
- Contract reviews
- SOW development
- Dependency and risk identification
Complex coordination, planning, and documentation of a wide range of business partnerships, enabling regulatory compliance, customer service, network deployment and operational support.
- Stakeholder identification and documentation
- Working Level Agreement formation and partner acceptance
Operational Excellence involves optimizing processes, technology, capital, and resources, to efficiently scale operations. Our capabilities include: resource planning and analyses, benchmarking, process re-engineering, and lifecycle management, enabling alignment of strategic goals and market trends to customer needs.
Analyze business cycles and optimize allocation of operating and capital resources.
- Measure operational efficiency
- Develop supply and demand interlock models and conduct scenario analysis
- Provide actionable recommendations and identify optimal resource allocation
Conduct competitive benchmarking against clients, peers, and competitors, assisting development and refinement of performance targets.
- Cost benchmarking
- Process benchmarking
- Organization benchmarking
- KPI benchmarking
- Process auditing
Assessment of process and gaps, recommending opportunities to redesign process to streamline organization structure improve operational efficiency.
- Process design
- Organizational design
- Change management
- Cost reduction planning
Assess and revamp product lifecycle management (PLM) workflow from development to sunset, incorporating industry best practices.
- Developing workflow tools and processes
- Identifying opportunities for product optimization
- PLM tracking and metrics